Learning to read
Learning to read is an important skill that all children need to learn. It’s such a fundamental skill that we wanted to make a learning to read site that would really make a difference, and that was fun and enjoyable for your child!
Reading Eggs supports all learners
Reading eggs supports each child’s learning by offering individual, one-on-one lessons. These online lessons help your child easily progress at his or her own rate.
Reading Eggs is a safe site where children can learn many new skills. Be assured that your child is spending time learning in a safe and fun online environment that is advertising free.
Why do children love learning with Reading Eggs?
- The computer environment is endlessly patient and each student can make real progress at their own pace.
- Reading Eggs is infused with humor and students are actively engaged in the program. They enjoy the variety of game-like activities, the rewards, the memorable funny songs and the animated characters that become like friends as they progress through the lessons.
- Each student can create their own avatar/online character.
- Each time a student completes a learning activity they are rewarded with Golden Eggs for their Eggy Bank.
- They can then use these Golden Eggs to buy fun and educational games from the Reading Eggs Game Shop.
- Students get a real sense of achievement as they progress through each of the eight maps.
- They love collecting Critters – a new critter hatches at the end of every lesson.
- Best of all, they love mastering the skills of reading!
What can you do?
- You can introduce your child to this exciting experience.
- You can witness your child’s joy and wonder and watch their progress in learning.
- You can cheer on your child’s achievements and successes.
When you register and set up an online account for your child or children, your child will learn essential reading skills through interactive and easy to use online lessons and activities. All lessons can be repeated as many times as needed. Repeating lessons is a good way for children to build long term memory and reinforce skills.