Study Island's high impact, low cost Maine GLE Mastery and NECAP Test Preparation and Common Core Standards programs ensure your students receive quality academic support and practice.
Study Island provides:
- Practice, review, and reinforcement of the Maine Grade Level Expectations
- Affordable, easy-to-use NECAP preparation, instruction, assessment, and reporting
- Standards-based, rigorous content built specifically from the Maine Grade Level Expectations
- Instant feedback and built-in remediation to ensure differentiated and targeted support
- Actionable, real-time diagnostic and formative assessment data
- Award-winning customer service & support
The Study Island Maine Grade Level Expectations and Common Core Mastery Program is specifically designed to help high school students master the content outlined in the Maine Grade Level Expectations.
Study Island’s user-friendly interface allows students to move through the program step-by-step. Each section has a pretest and a post test, as well as topics that cover each of the standards. Topics consist of questions, answers, explanations, and lessons that address the specific skills required in mastering the Maine Grade Level Expectations and Common Core Standards.
High School products available:
- Maine High School Math
- Maine High School Reading
- Maine High School Writing
- Maine High School Comprehensive Package (Math, Reading, Writing)
- Web-based so that students can log on via the Internet anytime, anywhere
Study Island requires no software installation and is simultaneously accessible to all students. Students can use it at school, home, or anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Research-based, easy-to-use, and affordable for all schools and districts
Study Island is foundationally and statistically research based. The program has proven effective in increasing student learning and achievement.
- Common Core Standards
Included at no additional charge along with teacher tools to provide an easy transition to the new standards
- Collaborative Environment
Students can work on group assignments from home, create study groups to prepare for an upcoming test, discuss classroom lectures, and exchange ideas
- Real-time progress reports to drive differentiation and instruction in your classroom
The Study Island program records statistics for each user session in a real-time report card. These statistics measure progress, streamline the learning process, and can be customized by student, subject, class, grade, and school.
- Dynamic Content
Not only are there thousands of practice items, but each item is constantly changing. The answers to the multiple-choice questions continuously alternate positions, and the numbers for the math questions are randomly chosen. Students are compelled to learn the concepts with a deeper understanding rather than just memorize the answers.
❝We made substantial gains on the FCAT. This year’s ninth graders had significant increases over last year’s ninth graders. The only difference is that these students used Study Island.❞