High School Graphic Novels
The Study Island Reading: Revisited & Reconsidered program actively engages students’ interest using graphic novels. Our aim is to help students revisit what reading means and reconsider what they think literature can be.
- Assesses students comprehension using Bloom’s Taxonomy of Educational Objectives
- Engages readers through vivid illustrations and texts
- Improves phonemic awareness, fluency, text comprehension and writing
- Connects students to vocabulary and engaging storylines
- Improves student confidence and further their desire to read
- Assists struggling readers, reluctant readers, avoidance readers, and English language learners by helping develop reading comprehension skills
The World As You Know It
Study Island’s original graphic novel, The World as You Know It targets middle to high school reading intervention students. The six-issue series has a 4th to 6th grade readability level, and allows readers to develop a familiarity with recurring characters throughout the stories, which in turn can bolster interest in reading. In addition, two volumes cover math and science themes to reinforce subject matter vocabulary.
View Demo ▸
❝Study Island saves time by giving students exactly what they need to excel. It shows students which strands they’re weak in, so they can focus on the skills they need to pass the exam with flying colors. They also like that they can measure their progress as they go.❞