Study Island’s high impact, low cost Washington and Common Core Standards Mastery and MSP Preparation programs ensure your students receive quality academic support and practice.
Study Island provides:
- Practice, review, and reinforcement of the Washington Grade Level Expectations (GLEs) within the Essential Academic Learning Requirements (EALRs)
- Affordable, easy-to-use MSP preparation, instruction, assessment, and reporting
- Standards-based, rigorous content built specifically from the Washington Grade Level Expectations (GLEs) within the Essential Academic Learning Requirements (EALRs)
- Instant feedback and built-in remediation to ensure differentiated and targeted support
- Actionable, real-time diagnostic and formative assessment data
- Award-winning customer service & support
- A snapshot of student proficiencies anytime throughout the year with added benchmarking*
*Benchmarking sold separately
The Study Island Washington Standards Mastery Program is specifically designed to help K-12 students improve performance in all skill areas tested on the MSP, and master knowledge and skills outlined in the Washington Grade Level Expectations (GLEs) within the Essential Academic Learning Requirements (EALRs) and Common Core Standards.
Study Island’s user-friendly interface allows students to move through the program step-by-step. Each section has a pretest and a post test, as well as topics that cover each of the standards of the Washington Grade Level Expectations (GLEs) within the Essential Academic Learning Requirements (EALRs) and Common Core Standards. Topics consist of questions, answers, explanations, and lessons that address the specific skills required in mastering the Washington Grade Level Expectations (GLEs) within the Essential Academic Learning Requirements (EALRs) and Common Core Standards.
Study Island offers standards-based programs for the following grades and subject areas:
- Washington 6th Grade Math
- Washington 6th Grade Reading
- Washington 7th Grade Math
- Washington 7th Grade Reading
- Washington 8th Grade Math
- Washington 8th Grade Reading
Study Island is built directly from the Washington Grade Level Expectations (GLEs) within the Essential Academic Learning Requirements (EALRs) and Common Core Standards and helps students stay on track.
- Web-based so that students can log on via the Internet anytime, anywhere
Study Island requires no software installation and is simultaneously accessible to all students. Students can use it at school, home or anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Research-based, easy-to-use, and affordable for all schools and districts
Study Island is foundationally and statistically research-based. The program has proven effective in increasing student learning and achievement.
- Traditional assessments and interactive games based on the state standards
Study Island enables students to choose their style of learning. Students can work using a standard test format or interactive game format.
- State-specific lessons and questions with immediate feedback and automated instruction
Upon answering a question incorrectly, students are shown the correct answer along with a detailed explanation of the correct response. When students need extra help on a specific topic, the Study Island program automatically prompts them to work on remedial-level material for that topic.
- Real-time progress reports to drive differentiation and instruction in your classroom
The Study Island program records statistics for each user session in a real-time report card. These statistics measure progress, streamline the learning process and can be customized by student, subject, class, grade and school.
- Dynamic Content
Not only are there thousands of practice items, but each item is constantly changing. The answers to the multiple-choice questions continuously change positions, and the numbers for the math questions are randomly chosen. Students are compelled to learn the concepts with a deeper understanding rather than just memorize the answers.
❝Teachers can look at the Study Island reports and see where students are doing well and where they’re coming up short. This allows teachers to adapt their instruction and spend more time on the skills students actually need to work on. As a principal, Study Island lets me know we’re providing students with exactly what they need to succeed on our state tests.❞