WESTEST 2 Preparation
Study Island's high impact, low cost WESTEST 2 Preparation and Common Core Standards programs ensure your students receive quality academic support and practice.
Study Island provides:
- Practice, review, and reinforcement of the West Virginia Content Standards and Objectives (CSOs)
- Affordable, easy-to-use WESTEST 2 preparation, instruction, assessment, and reporting
- Standards-based, rigorous content built specifically from the West Virginia Content Standards and Objectives (CSOs)
- Instant feedback and built-in remediation to ensure differentiated and targeted support
- Actionable, real-time diagnostic and formative assessment data
- Award-winning customer service & support
The Study Island West Virginia Content Standards and Objectives (CSOs) and Common Core Mastery Program is specifically designed to help high school students master the content outlined in the West Virginia Content Standards and Objectives (CSOs).
Study Island’s user-friendly interface allows students to move through the program step-by-step. Each section has a pretest and a post test, as well as topics that cover each of the standards. Topics consist of questions, answers, explanations, and lessons that address the specific skills required in mastering the West Virginia Content Standards and Objectives (CSOs) and Common Core Standards.
High School products available:
- West Virginia 9th Grade Social Studies
- West Virginia 10th Grade Social Studies
- West Virginia 11th Grade Social Studies
- West Virginia High School English
- West Virginia High School Math
- West Virginia High School Comprehensive Package (Math, English)
- Web-based so that students can log on via the Internet anytime, anywhere
Study Island requires no software installation and is simultaneously accessible to all students. Students can use it at school, home, or anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Research-based, easy-to-use, and affordable for all schools and districts
Study Island is foundationally and statistically research based. The program has proven effective in increasing student learning and achievement.
- Common Core Standards
Included at no additional charge along with teacher tools to provide an easy transition to the new standards
- Collaborative Environment
Students can work on group assignments from home, create study groups to prepare for an upcoming test, discuss classroom lectures, and exchange ideas
- Real-time progress reports to drive differentiation and instruction in your classroom
The Study Island program records statistics for each user session in a real-time report card. These statistics measure progress, streamline the learning process, and can be customized by student, subject, class, grade, and school.
- Dynamic Content
Not only are there thousands of practice items, but each item is constantly changing. The answers to the multiple-choice questions continuously alternate positions, and the numbers for the math questions are randomly chosen. Students are compelled to learn the concepts with a deeper understanding rather than just memorize the answers.
❝We made substantial gains on the FCAT. This year’s ninth graders had significant increases over last year’s ninth graders. The only difference is that these students used Study Island.❞